[Healeys] Effects of Ethanol

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue May 29 13:30:15 MDT 2018

The plastic floats do leak after a while as the steel wire-arm wears
through the plastic at the end of the wire float lever which usually is
very sharp. When fitting a new float file the end of the lever smooth to
prevent it happening again. Nothing to do with ethanol. The sender unit
always fills up with petrol, it is not fluid tight. Again, no problem.
The plastic floats can be found in many European cars, not only UK cars.
You can also use a Champagne cork.

Kees Oudesluijs