[Healeys] Diesel BJ8

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat May 26 02:57:13 MDT 2018

Modern fuels will also leave deposits, although much less than the old
stuff. Additives will not change that. Perhaps a water mist through the
carbs with a running engine may help to loosen up the carbon and eject
it through the exhaust.

Modern cars run on lean mixtures which are computer monitored all the
time and higher engine temperatures. Our old barges run  on relatively
rich mixtures and lower temperatures thus producing more deposites.

Kees Oudesluijs