[Healeys] Diesel BJ8

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Thu May 24 21:16:01 MDT 2018

Hello

The six-cylinder engine in the BN3 used to do the same and then we took it on some long trips of 500 miles or so. Never happened again.

Previously the use the car received was relatively short which allowed for a build-up of carbon deposits in the combustion chambers. The long runs managed to get rid of the deposits.

Remember our cars were built in an era when a decoke and valve grind was an annual or biannual event and I suspect that such a thing doesn't happen in this day and age.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia