[Healeys] Austin Healey 3000 Restoration Guide

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:51:24 MDT 2018

About 2009, I gave my hardcover copy, as a present, to a close friend that
was contemplating restoring her father's original owner BN2. She inherited
the Healey from him.  It was just a book then, a very good restoration
guide for Austin-Healeys.  I never replaced the copy I gave her, and now,
cannot possibly ask to have it back.  I doubt she even knows it's value as
she is not active on the forums and wouldn't be checking ebay looking for
the book.  If I told her the value, she would probably hand it back to me.
That is the kind of person she is.

Her BN2 was finished being restored in 2012 and is a superb car.  She even
had the racing stripe that her father put on the car recreated for the
restoration because that is how she remembers the car during her youth.

The pic shows she and I driving to a local community college on a Sunday
morning for her very first time driving her 'new' Healey.  The car had been
off the road since the early '70s.

 I guess I should have just loaned the book to my other friend that
restored her car.

Neil Anderson
Northern Illinois

Virus-free.
<#m_-1717362040521742345_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>