[Healeys] Fuel Tank Installation

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Fri May 18 16:25:20 MDT 2018

Foam
..

Years ago BLMC made a car called the 1100. Nothing special
a decent little
runabout. As ever the accountants made the engineers sign it off before it
was really ready.

About 5 years later, quite a long time in the life of some of BLMC’s
offerings, 1100s started rotting out at the top of the rear rhs wheel arch.

Why? Well

.the very earliest purchasers noticed a buzz/vibration coming
from the back rhs at certain speeds.

Solution
..while car was being assembled, cram a cube of stiff foam between
the two panels and no more “sympathetic vibration”. (I think that’s the
name?)

5 years later
..the foam is a wet cube of mud and salt and it rusts a hole
right through from the inside.

Don’t use foam.

Simon