[Healeys] BJ8 Windows

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 01:02:34 MDT 2018

Hi Stephen

Unfortunately you have to start with the packaging of the bottom of the hood frame, shims at the front or back of the fixing affect the position of the hood when it closes, I then alerted the angle of the windscreen with the quarter lights and windows loosely fixed. As the 4 holes in the windscreen support are oversize you have some adjustment in the angle, the same with the window channels, packing out with washers on both these (whichever side of the the support, outside or inside of the car) can pull them in or out. If memory serves correct I also adjusted the channels ( bent them gently over my knee) to help with the windows having better movement and not binding. I also put washers between the hood and wooden hockey sticks to push them out, in the fixing screws, (something like one washer at bottom and 2 a time top) this would help you! But you have to make sure your hood will still close into the channel![Image][Image][Image][Image]

I found that it took 9 years to restore the car, I then got it mot’d ( safe for road , ministry of transport test) and then spent the year adjusting. Unfortunately you find you have to more or less take everything off start with the hood pivot and try different shims and then work through the above, hence it took so long.

I got the front top point and rear edge of the glass as good as possible then enlarged the wood to suite, as per photos.

Hope this helps

Regards Andy