[Healeys] BJ7 or BJ8

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:02:46 MDT 2018

Hi Ira:

I bought my 67- BJ8 in 1979 and paid the owner $3200.00 because I knew her and the car.  They had bought it new, It was not perfect as they had driven it for 8 of the 10 years.  Her ex-husband took better car of the Healey than her!   I cleaned it up, gave it a tune up, new Michelin tires and drove it for 20 years until I had a frame on restoration.  The engine still was in great running condition when I rebuilt it last year. I think my purchase was a great value.  I agree with you that cars in poor condition at that time were going for a few hundred dollars, especially in from recent college grads or others who drove the into the ground and never learned how to take care of them or any other car.  I should have bought a TR3 in the 80-90’s because their value stayed low for years and the they were discovered.

Bob Begani