[Healeys] BJ7 or BJ8

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun May 13 06:23:07 MDT 2018

Brian, I have seen a car recently that was advertised for sale by Beverly
Hills Car Club as a BJ7.  It had a wood dash, BJ8 "short tail" center
console (but no armrest), BJ8 front seats and door panels, BJ7 rear seat
upholstery and BJ7 backrest.  The external features were either BJ7 or Phase
1 BJ8.  The car had a BJ7 VIN.  It was not possible to determine whether the
car began life as a BJ7 or Phase 1 BJ8.

I am aware of one other car that was created by Fourintune out of two junked
BJ8s and they put a BJ7 VIN plate on it and sold it to someone in New York
state.  This car later came to North Carolina and was sold after the bond
period expired.  The new owner had some problems registering the car with
the NY BJ7 number because of the discrepancies.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large