[Healeys] Fuel pump

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun May 6 09:43:58 MDT 2018

Hello,

The Ecco pump is another option.

Harold

  _____

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Kees
Oudesluijs
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:30 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel pump

Do not carry an SU pump with points in the boot as a spare.  When you will
need it it will not work in most cases as the points have corroded by then.
Easy to remedy but it is not a straight swap, you will have to clean the
points first. For a spare you can use the electronic version.

However it is not really necessary to carry a spare. A bit f 1000 grade
wet&dry in the tool kit will do because when the pump is faltering it is
nearly always due to dirty, corroded or pitted points which can be addressed
to at the road side.

For any original SU pump the rule is to clean, polish and check/adjust the
points using a bit of flower paper or 1000 grade wet&dry every year. That
way it will last a lifetime. Other components rarely give trouble in a
regularly driven car.

Kees Oudesluijs