[Healeys] Distributor cap and wires

Bluehealey bluehealey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 08:05:29 MST 2018

My technique is to remove the bee-sting screws completely. Push the HT lead into the hole and watch the end of the lead pass fully beyond the screw hole until it seats at maximum depth. Then re-insert the screw.
As Bob says it doesn’t work too well with carbon string cores.  In that case I take a piece of solid copper wire (the earth lead in Twin&Earth domestic cable works). A 1 inch piece folded into a ‘U’ shape is inserted into the centre core with the second leg down the outside of the insulation.  I then insert the HT into the cap and rotate it until the copper staple can be seen down the screw hole.  The bee-sting screw then picks up on both legs of the copper staple as it penetrates through the centre.  The copper spreads the contact over more string and ensures continuity.

Alan - from my iPad
Bluehealey