[Healeys] Chassis-cross member and BJ8 hardtop

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Fri Mar 9 00:52:42 MST 2018

Thank you all for the replies. Sorry not to have said so earlier, but my
email packed up. Specifically, I found that I could receive, but not
transmit..on either of my machines with two different programs. Trouble
being, I'm advised, that we persistently used our original, say 20+/- years,
email addresses and their associated servers. Apparently, one can be paying
one ISP whilst one's emails still go through another ISP's hardware..a sort
of mutual laissez-faire arrangement. We think that, after God knows how many
take-overs and mergers, our original SMTP(?) server has been taken offline.
I'm now in way over my head so will cease.

It seems that the hardtop is very probably genuine, though likely modified.
I am advised that the vendor is sound. I have no interest in purchasing the
thing, just curious.

As for the cross-member, I received very divergent advice and some nice
diagrams and pictures. Suggestions came in varying from some pretty radical
surgery as suggested by the interventionists to "don't touch and jack it up
with wooden pads". (I can't do the latter as I have purchased a sort of
clever-clogs drive on ramp with cross members. Very sturdy, but the cross
members are obviously designed for, say, bottle jacks and their positioning
makes the use of wooden blocks difficult and the use of bottle jacks very
easy...Hence the plate).

For anyone who contacts me off the List, I am now:
simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus,com <mailto:simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus,com>

Thanks,

Simon