[Healeys] 100 timing

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 17:35:53 MST 2018

      From: "sentenac.rw at gmail.com" <sentenac.rw at gmail.com>
 To: 'Austin Healey list' <healeys at autox.team.net>
 Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2018 4:30 PM
 Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 timing

Does anyone else have a 100 engine with absolutely no arrow or other
marking on the timing cover?  The manual seems to think that there is
some sort of mark there, but there is none on my engine.  So I get to
make my own marks, and hope that my effort to hit TDC is good enough
for a starting point.

-Roland
BN1 #724
Put something "soft" so as not to damage the piston in the spark plug hole ...Rotate engine clockwise til it bumps .. mark pullyRotate engine counter-clockwise til it bumps ..Mark pully ...TDC is halfway between marks
Jim