[Healeys] Fwd: Rear Axle Bearing Hub Puller

Larry Wendland bighealey3k at aim.com
Fri Jun 22 16:27:23 MDT 2018

Due to popular demand (tongue in cheek) here are some pictures of the puller I made out of 1/4" steel plate and some all thread.  I also used a small circular piece of 1/4" steel plate to beef up the center of the puller to give the all thread something to bite into when pulling the hub off of the axle housing. I double nutted some hex nuts on one end to be able to turn the all thread with a wrench or socket. The arbor (for lack of a better work) is used to placed in the opening of the axle housing and for the all thread to push on. Due to not having access to a lathe, I made the arbor out of different size washers to allow it to fit inside the housing opening then stepped up to rest on the lip of the housing and allow the hub and bearing to pass over it upon extraction. I hope all that makes sense. The hole pattern on the puller is for the studs on the hub.This goes with the wrench for the rear axle hub nut I submitted back on Jun 16.

Larry'67 BJ8