[Healeys] Oil Filter

Charles Rice crice_home at glasgow-ky.com
Fri Jun 15 23:16:05 MDT 2018

When my BN2 engine was overhauled about 10 years ago, the original oil
filter system was replaced with a spin-on adapter (from Moss I think).

I used the recommended K&N HP-2009 filters several times.  Today I attempted
to replace it with a new HP-2009 (Moss 235-830).  It wouldn't

screw on, the threaded portion was too far back to engage the threads. One
could see a difference in the design of the threaded part of the filter.

Perhaps this an isolated incident?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Are
there other recommended filters? I've heard of WIX 51516.

---