[Healeys] no oil pressure

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Jul 3 17:24:34 MDT 2018

Check your gauge.  Try putting a in line pressure gauge that is tested on your oil system before you start taking things apart again.Mike MacLean

    On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 4:18 PM, Bob Haskell <rchaskell at earthlink.net> wrote:

 All,

Pulled the engine out of our tri-carb last December due to low oil
pressure and running too hot.  Bearings were okay; the engine got a new
oil pump, rear main seal, pressure relief spring and plunger, and timing
gears, chain and tensioner.

Started the engine yesterday and it started almost immediately.  So I
was really pleased until I looked at the oil pressure gauge and saw the
needle was sitting on the peg.  No oil visible at the rocker arms either.

I removed the spin on oil filter and attempted to prime the oil pump by
squirting oil the filter inlet passage.  But it was already full.

Can one remove the distributor and spin the oil pump with a drill motor?
  I'd like to be able to test without spinning the crank and cam on dry
bearings, etc..

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell