[Healeys] Window glass

Larry Wendland bighealey3k at aim.com
Tue Jan 23 15:01:20 MST 2018

Fred, I had that happen to me many years ago on my '67 BJ8 on the drivers side door(LH drive). It turned out to be the rear screw that held the padded armrest pad on the top edge of the door was too long and was pecking at the glass each time I closed it. Mine was up at the time and I was showered with little chunks of glass (tempered glass). When I replaced the window glass, I looked down it to the door and could see the screw was way too long and almost touched the window glass and that is what happened when I closed the door. I guess I closed it a little too hard that last time and set the window off. I found a shorter screw and it never happened again. It was one of those pointed self starting screws (wood screw). I'm the original owner and know the screw was from the factory installation. I always wonder how many other cars had the same problem from the factory installation or was I the lucky one to get the too long a screw.

Larry
'67 BJ8