[Healeys] Early BN1s

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:44:14 MST 2018

Hi Listers,

Thanks to those of you who responded back to me so quickly.

FWIW, Michael Salter and I were trying to determine when the the Aluminum
bonnets on early BN1s first received the side to side cross brace for
strength and stiffening.  Initially we knew that body no. 724 did not have
this brace, and no. 1267 did have one... See photos.

We now know that body nos. 877 and 1000 did have the cross brace, so we've
narrowed it down quite a bit. 877 - 724 = 153 body numbers.  Of course we
realize that 100s were not always built in strict body number order, so
there may be some overlap either way.

So, is there anyone still out there with a BN1 no. 725 to 876 with there
original bonnet?

Thanks again,

Curt Arndt
Austin Healey Concours Registry