[Healeys] Lead Acid Batteries

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jan 13 21:34:54 MST 2018

Bob, thanks for the first-hand info.  I may be a conspiracy theorist,
but it sure seems to me that in the name of 'shareholder value' corners
are being cut anywhere they can be to reduce COGS, hence increasing
managements' bonuses (think Takata airbags, GM ignition switches,
etc.).  My main complaint is I've had several leakers, a couple of which
were my mistake--overcharging or mishandling--but others weren't.  I
prefer 'maintenance required' batteries because sometimes you can spot
problems that may not be apparent with the sealed type but, overall, the
sealed type are probably better built.

Bob