[Healeys] 100 Windscreen

mike brooks hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 14:19:30 MST 2018

Mike
I've just replaced the glass on my BN2 windscreen and wondered how you got on with yours? I'm in the UK so have a different selection of suppliers. I used the bog standard glass from AHSpares together with their glazing rubber. They couldn't supply the rubber strip that goes in the bottom of the frame channel. I got that from an eBay supplier size 3mm thick by 10mm wide and cut it down to about 8mm wide with a craft knife and steel straight edge. Fitting each frame section over the glazing strip was quite a struggle. The glass was slightly less tall than the old one and even optimizing its vertical position I ended up with a tiny gap at one of the bottom corners. I have sealed this with clear sealant and it's now invisible. Hope it doesn't leak. The frame to body seal which I had replaced new only a few years ago I left installed, just easing about 2 inches out of the channel at each side to reveal the corner screws.
Corner screws are 4 BA CSK, all replaced and holes retappedFrame to post screws are 2BA CSK ditto above. One of the holes had to be abandoned and a new one drilled and tapped alongside. This is of course hidden on the 4 cylinder cars but not on the 6s!
Rgds
Mike Brooks'56 BN2 Scotland

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android