[Healeys] fulcrum pin cotter pins too short

goldengt at cal.net goldengt at cal.net
Fri Jan 5 17:28:37 MST 2018

FYII don't know where I got a short cotter pin for the fulcrum pin from, but it was short enough that grease came out. I have figured out that those cotter pins have to protrude about 1/4 inch above the king pin boss and then tightened a lot while moving the king pin around to get them centered.I was having play at the wheel because the cotter pin wasn't really tight and blaming worn fulcrum pins and king pins. I replaced the short pins with old long ones and all is well again.Ken Freese65 BJ8