[Healeys] Silly Question #7

Corning, Dan (D.C.) dcorning at ford.com
Mon Feb 19 18:25:29 MST 2018

I'm always struggling to find what goes where in my attempt to restore this BT7 Mk II.  I spend hours Googling photos of various issues but this time, I decided to ask silly question number 7.

Regarding the pass-through holes in the bulkhead, I think I've run things through correctly for the most part.  To speed things up for the remainder, I thought I'd take a photo of my car and give each empty hole a number.  If you can provide guidance for the correct use of the holes I'd appreciate it.  I'm sure some if not most are not used and just need a blanking plug but I wanted to make sure before I install the engine.

I THINK holes # 1,2 & 3 are empty and should get a blanking plug.  Hole #4 and 5 are where the engine temp sensor cable and choke pass through?  I have no idea what hole # 6 is for.  I ran the control for the cold air valve just above hole #7 but I'm not sure what 7 is for.

Lastly, Inside of the car I've seen several photos of what looks like the choke cable located UNDER the dash on the driver's side, often marked with a "C" on the knob.  For my car, Am I correct to run the choke control through the hole in the dash just above the cold air control?

Best,

Dan Corning