[Healeys] Drum Balancing

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Feb 18 15:00:30 MST 2018

That is, does anyone have any BN2/4 drums to SELL?Mike MacLean

    On Sunday, February 18, 2018 1:15 PM, Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike at att.net> wrote:

 As the original instigator of this thread, there has been a lot of information that makes me glad I asked, but what I determined from all this not what I expected.  First of all, I found out I have the wrong drums for my BN2.  I have the later finned drums for the 3000 models.  What I need is the early plain smooth surface drums.  Still looking.  I also found out from Hendrix that UPS upped their rates again and the cost of sending two brake drums to them one way equals the cost of balancing one drum.  As the discussion morphed into balancing complete rotating mass assemblies where to get wire wheels with the hub balanced became an issue.  Wow!       OK, so what I have determined, decided is to source the correct drums, get them balanced, then send the wire wheels to Hendrix and have the tires shipped directly there for balancing, shaving, etc.  The only question remains where to get the drums balanced on the west coast or spend the UPS ransom money.  Anyone have any BN2/4  drums to Well?Mike MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Harold Manifold<manifold at telus.net> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive