[Healeys] Wheel Balancing

Mark Goodman mkgoodman at att.net
Sun Feb 18 08:42:14 MST 2018

I have a BJ8 and had a noticable shake a 60 to 65 MPH when I replaced and had all 4 wheels balanced with the traditional balance machine. I do track days with my M3 and have the wheels & tires balances on a road force balance machine and never have any out of balance vibrations at speeds well in excess of 100MPH.  I then had the Healey wheels balanced on the same machine, and going over 90 MPH the car felt smooth as silk.  I highly recommend that those of you that have "shuttle shake" and are not near Alan Hendrix contact your local speed shop or Porsche repair shop and ask if they have a road force balancer.  It will make your driving experience more pleasurable.
Mark Goodman