[Healeys] Drum Balancing

banjojohn banjojohn at cox.net
Fri Feb 16 17:48:45 MST 2018

I  think balancing the drums is a good idea.  I did mine myself using a older style static bubble tire balancer.  I found the heavy side and used a grinder to shave off some of the fin around the drum from the heavy side.  Did it a little at a time till I got the drum balanced.  It made a lot of difference on my BJ8.  I was surprised how far off balance they were to start with. Then when you have the wheels and tires balanced, everthing runs smooth, especially if you have the tires shaved true.  Then it doesn't matter if you get them on the spline the same way every time.  Each part of the system is in balance.I also did it on my bugeye rear drums.  I have it converted to disc brakes on the front.
John O'Brien'65 BJ8'61 Bugeye

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Keith Pennell <llennep at verizon.net> Date: 2/16/18  2:42 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: rrengineer.mike at att.net, healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Drum Balancing