[Healeys] Drum Balancing

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 01:00:39 MST 2018

Yes.
My BJ8 used to jump out of top gear in overdrive top at the end of the main straight at Eastern Creek at 6,000 rpm in overdrive top when I lifted off to turn left.
My Uncle Pete (my race engineer) told me to get the rear drums balanced.
It worked. Those heavy, poorly cast suckers put a lot of stress and vibration back through the drive train on over run - on lift off - more than you can imagine.
 Yes. Balance your rear drums.
Best
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com