[Healeys] Camshaft gear key

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 17:23:34 MST 2018

Heavy grease on the woodruff key ...Make sure no burrs on the cam/crank gears (around the face of the slot) or on the key

Jim

    On Thursday, December 27, 2018, 10:19:21 AM PST, simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com <simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com> wrote:

Hi,

Trust you all had a pleasant Christmas.

Whilst lining up to replace my 3000’s harmonic balancer, I decided to replace anything in that general area that might fail before I next delve in there again. So, the chain, the tensioner, the seal etcetc….all replaced. (I only seem to get in there about every 20 years).

See attached.

Started to rebuild and am attempting to get the chain in the right place and everything lined up. I get the bright links where they should be and start to push the two gears onto their shafts. All goes well until they’re apparently almost home. Then the little key drops to the floor. About 4 times now….maddening. Is there a pros’ trick to this seemingly easy task? If there is, I’d really like to have it!

Thanks,

Simon
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net