[Healeys] Camshaft gear key

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Dec 27 10:20:59 MST 2018

Hi,

Trust you all had a pleasant Christmas.

Whilst lining up to replace my 3000's harmonic balancer, I decided to
replace anything in that general area that might fail before I next delve in
there again. So, the chain, the tensioner, the seal etcetc..all replaced. (I
only seem to get in there about every 20 years).

See attached.

Started to rebuild and am attempting to get the chain in the right place and
everything lined up. I get the bright links where they should be and start
to push the two gears onto their shafts. All goes well until they're
apparently almost home. Then the little key drops to the floor. About 4
times now..maddening. Is there a pros' trick to this seemingly easy task? If
there is, I'd really like to have it!

Thanks,

Simon