[Healeys] Healey 3000 wire harness

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 24 08:19:40 MST 2018

Wayne, you didn’t say where you sourced the harness, nor whether the wedge style holders include both the parking/trafficator sockets, license plate lamp, and the instrument lights.  Do you have the original bulb holders from the old harness?  If so, assuming they are serviceable, I would cut off the wedge type and splice in the originals.  The wedge style will not fit in the speedo and tach.  You may be able to finagle them into the safety and fuel gauges with some creativity, but you may need to replace the barrel style bulb holder clamps for the loop style.

I did my wiring harness twice last year (long and tragic story) and I used LEDs for the instruments.  That took some creativity for the safety and fuel gauges, as well as the ammeter I have.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7