[Healeys] Hard Top Comfort

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Mon Dec 17 15:40:53 MST 2018

When I built my 100 I grafted a used air valve from a six onto the drivers side footwell and added a full sized air tube to the grille. It complicates work in the left side of the engine compartment, but it does provide a lot of relief from the normal heat load in the footwell. The most uncomfortable thing now is the lack of circulation in the chest area and that is exacerbated by solar gain while driving with the sun ahead, so I'm trying to figure out a way to move more air in that area. For an open air car there is a huge stagnant area behind the windscreen that allows a lot of uncontrolled solar gain. My brother-in-law's solution was an oversized white shirt and a spray bottle of water...

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554