[Healeys] Oil pump

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Dec 11 15:37:04 MST 2018

Simon, I don't have any information about non-BJ8 stuff, but the BMC
workshop manual for BJ7/BJ8 says of the oil pump:

"(a)  The radial clearance between the gears and the pump body should not
exceed 0.00125 in. to 0.0025 in. (0.032 mm to 0.063 mm).

(b)  Check the clearance between the gears and the end cover by placing a
straight edge across the pump body and checking with a feeler gauge.  End
float should be between 0.0005 in. and 0.002 in. (0.013 mm. and 0.051 mm)."

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large