[Healeys] Still stalling at idle

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Fri Aug 3 18:04:49 MDT 2018

I had the same exact problem with my HD8s. The following cured it.

In addition to the stuff you did, you should rebush the throttle shafts with new plastic bushings. Suggest buying a few extra as they're easy to bugger up.

The exact process for installing is detailed with illustrations in the HD8 section of _SU CARBURETTERS TUNING TIPS & TECHNIQUES_ from Brooklands Books. See p. 42.

This book is invaluable for serious tuners.

Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA
BN6 - 29D
Maker of Most Complete Big Healey Rear Disc Kit