[Healeys] 1956 Austin-Healey 100M

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 07:38:44 MDT 2018

Odd choice of color change, IMO.  Black/red is a rarer combination for
an M (though it wouldn't be my favorite).  If I was going to go with a
non-original scheme, I'd go with Florida Green over white, which I think
is absolutely stunning (and shows in some of the selling prices I've seen).

Any chance this is a 'counterfeit;' i.e. one of the cars where the BMIHT
cert was 'shopped' by an unscrupulous restorer (there was an infamous
case where someone submitted a series of VINs, looking for one with the
'shipped with louvred bonnet' comment). As I mentioned, one level of
'100M Registry' certification only requires the BMIHT cert.

Bob