[Healeys] Dipstick/Jaquar Qality

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:53:30 MDT 2018

Back in my happy Sprite days I frequented a shop that let us use their
tools and space to work on our own cars.

One day I noticed a Jaguar XK140 DroipHead Coupe gathering dust in a
corner. The young lady who owned it had burned up the motor. I bought it
and asked the owner to rebuild the engine.

When I drove it the oil pressure would begin to fluctuate. I brought it
back to the shop and John checked the oil lever. The new DipStick read
full. He added some oil go calm the oil gage,and off I went.

Same thing a <Healeys at autox.team.net>ll over again.. John went through the
process three times before he got and idea. The drained all the oil from
the crankcase and refilled with the  proper amount of oil. Then he checked
with the new dipstick.

Problem solved: In spite of the part number being stamped on the stick, the
mark was in the wrong place. It showed full when there was little oil in
the sump!

Now being convinced, John found the problem and off we went to new
adventures.

Jack