[Healeys] No start condition

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:08:43 MDT 2018

Okay guys, lots of informed thoughts on my no start problem.

I went to the battery cut off switch in the trunk and found that the
white/black wire was actually broken at the very end of the insulation.
The wire looked as through it was connected but actually wasn`t.  I
stripped the wire and inserted it into the switch connector and the car
started!  I turned the car off and restarted it multiple times just to make
sure.  The problem seems resolved.

While I was back there, I tightened all of the other switch connections and
thoroughly cleaned the battery terminals.  So, my hope is the car will
start properly.

The first person to suggest the white/black wire possibility was Don Day.
I didn't think that could be the problem but after Len Hartnett and Steve
Byers also suggested the same wire, I checked and there it was.

So many thanks to the allmost 20 people on the list who responded, all with
thoughtful recommendations, including cleaning the crap out of the
terminals.

Thanks to everone, what a list!

Fred

66 BJ8