[Healeys] Batteries

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 19:58:46 MDT 2018

re: "batteries are basically all the same and will last years if you
drive the vehicle regularly"

I respectfully disagree.  Two Interstate batteries lasted 2 years (each)
in my Mustang although I was making a freeway commute of almost 80 miles
round trip 5 days a week.   They were checked and serviced regularly.
They both failed completely with no warning (hard starts, etc.).  Two
Motorcraft batteries--hecho en Mexico--also lasted about 2 years (I
suspect they were re-branded Interstates).  We've had 2 pairs of 6V
Interstates fail in a couple years in our BN2.   The Deka in my
Mustang--made in the USA--has about 3 years of intermittent city/freeway
driving and is going strong.

Bob