[Healeys] Auction car

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:39:44 MDT 2018

 I did some drilling down on this car and found the following:

Here's the chassis number: HBJ8L42154 Google it and you'll see a lengthy
auction history with the last a B-J sale at Las Vegas in 2016.
https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Ev...ERTIBLE-198617
<https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-AUSTIN-HEALEY-3000-MARK-III-BJ8-CONVERTIBLE-198617>
 The car was done by BMC in Philadelphia and was originally auctioned in
2006: https://www.soldbyauctions.com/homes...DYFAtIyxVCmAK/
<https://www.soldbyauctions.com/homes/advert_details/JixDYFAtIyxVCmAK/>

At all the auctions this has been in, the description has remained pretty
much the same and I can't tell if it's been restored again since 2006. This
report from 2016 says it looked like an older restoration:
http://www.sportscardigest.com/barre...ion-report/11/
<http://www.sportscardigest.com/barrett-jackson-las-vegas-2016-auction-report/11/>

BTW, Steve Beyers has confirmed that this was NOT an original Golden Beige
Metallic car.

Rick Neville