[Healeys] Auction car

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Sun Apr 15 12:42:07 MDT 2018

I see the list has been fairly quiet lately and thought I'd take the time to see if anyone has any thoughts on the Barrett Jackson car auction. I saw the car, a Golden Beige BJ8, go for $143,000. With a 10% premium tacked on to that, a bit over $157,000! In the opinion of this group, was that just a case of bidders getting in to a pissing contest, or, was the car worth it? (And of course we don't know what condition the engines was in, was it a frame off, etc.) So for the sake of conversation, let's say it had really good bones, no rust and ran like a top. And was an original Golden Beige with red leather car.
   Personally, I was glad to see it go for such a large price. Was it worth it? In my opinion, yes, especially if the person buying it knows and loves A-H's. If I had the money, would I pay that much? No. If I had that kind of money, I'd buy a project and do most of the work myself.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598 (currently on a boat)