[Healeys] Rocker Cover Poll

A H List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:04:00 MDT 2018

Hi Patrick,

After trying every combination of sealant including gluing the cork to
both the r/c and the head, I changed to a silicone gasket and that
completely fixed the leaky rear main seal kit I was having so much
trouble with.

Cork doesn't flex and there aren't enough fasteners to keep the cork
compressed at all times. The silicone is flexible and allows the r/c
to move around while still maintaining a positive seal.

http://www.gasketinnovations.com/product-page/austin-healey-100-6-3000-silicone-valve-cover-gasket-for-stock-valve-covers

Andy.