[Healeys] Rocker Cover Poll

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 07:40:18 MDT 2018

First, check the valve cover to be sure it is flat. Many of them are distorted due to over tightening of the two hold down nuts.
I attach a cork gasket to the valve cover only. To do that I use a Thin bead of silicone gasket adhesive on both the cover & the gasket face.
Then set the combination of cover & gasket on a very flat surface to dry. The goal is to make sure the gasket is in contact with the flat surface & correctly aligned with the cover.
I have never had a leak when this procedure is used. I never use any adhesive between the gasket & the head.
Gary Hodson