[Healeys] A Mystery

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Sep 24 05:28:27 MDT 2017

except that is was on my BJ8 which had the original fuel tank.  I have heard of others who had the exact same situation.

---- Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

=============
There may be a (plastic/metal) gauze filter at the end of the pick up
pipe. Not all of the senders cum pick up have them fitted. Very unlikely
that there is a filter that to access you have to cut the fuel tank!
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 23-9-2017 om 17:27 schreef Bob Spidell:
> What kind of 'filter' is there in the tank?  Anyone have a photo?
>
> We dismantled an original BN2 tank, and there was nothing but a tube
> to (almost) the bottom.
>
> Bob
>

> On 9/22/2017 8:39 AM, Tom Felts wrote:
>> the tank has to be cut open---and done by someone who understands the
>> danger in doing that.
>>

>> ---- Bob Simmen <rsimmen at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> =============
>> Tom,
>> How do you get to the filter inside the tank?  When I removed the
>> sending unit from my tank, all I could see were the baffles.
>> I recently had to blow my lines from the fuel pump to the tank with
>> air to clear the filter.  It has worked for now, but I am sure it is
>> just time before it clogs again.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Bob

Suggested annual donation  $12.75