[Healeys] Diff Pumpkin Seal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Sep 23 09:22:31 MDT 2017

I've used the paper gaskets--which usually aren't a perfect fit--with a
thin coating of Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket on both sides a few
times with no leaks.  Make sure both surfaces are smooth and flat.  One
of the modern sealants--e.g. 'Right Stuff'--would work well but be
warned these are often just as good as glues and can be the devil to
undo.  My rebuilder used two beads of 'Right Stuff' on my BJ8's pan and
when I cracked it and had to remove it I injured an elbow trying to
separate the pan from the block.

Bob