[Healeys] LED Running/Stop Bulbs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 10:58:55 MDT 2017

I've got LED backlights in my instruments--except for the charge/cutoff
indicator*--and would like to put them in my running/nav/brake lights.
The correct incandescent bulb is an 1157, and I've found lots of LED
1157s on the 'net, but they're all neg. ground and my cars are both pos.
ground (and I'm not interested in changing to neg. ground).  Anyone
found pos. ground 1157 red bulbs anywhere?   I'm aware you need to
increase the load with resistors, or change to a solid state flasher.

TIA,

Bob

* anyone know why you shouldn't use an LED here?  I ran one for a while
and noticed no issues, but Moss and others are adamant you shouldn't do it