[Healeys] Generator to Alternator conversion - BJ8

Bob Simmen rsimmen at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 8 09:25:37 MDT 2017

Thanks for the quick response!

Internal

Thanks to:

Bob Haskell

AHCA 3000 MkI registrar

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Simmen
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 8:50 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Generator to Alternator conversion - BJ8

I am converting my 67 BJ8 Healey from a generator to an alternator.  A 1980
MGB alternator will be used because it has the required 3/8 pulley (and
because I currently have one that is new).

My questions is, does the 1980 MGB alternator have an internal voltage
regulator or does it use an external regulator?  If internal, I will need to
change the wiring.  If external, am I correct that no wiring changes will
need to be made, other than to insure the BJ8 has been converted to a
negative ground.

Thanks in advance!

Bob