[Healeys] Panhard Rod - BT7

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 22:17:06 MDT 2017

On Thu, 9/7/17, Lawrence Swift <lawrence.swift at gmail.com> wrote:

 The panhard rod bracket on the axle snapped
 off - but it doesn’t seem to have affected the car’s
 handling.

 What is the list’s advice regarding
 the usefulness of the rod.

 It requires removing the rear axle to
 repair - a chore I would like to avoid.

 Larry Swift

I would think that with normal "putzing around" driving that the panhard rod would be very lightly loaded... With good front bushings in the leaf-springs
and the short shackles on the rear of the leaf-springs there would not be a lot of lateral flex in the rear axle ..

What I would question is WHY the bracket broke off ...Rust/Rot or improper panhard rod adjustment ..Broken main leaf ?

Jim