[Healeys] Rear Axle Hub Removal

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Sep 6 12:28:38 MDT 2017

You can also remove the hub by reversing the axle shaft with the head
against the end of the axle housing and using the 5 nuts to pull it out.  It
will only go so far before you run out of threads, so you have to remove the
axle and put something between the head and the end of the rear axle housing
to pull it off far enough to wiggle it free.  I use a special tool I
modified from a scrap helicopter part (photo attached).  The tapered part
goes inside the axle housing, with the head of the axle bearing on the
U-shape.  Any object that would function similar to this one would work.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large