[Healeys] Shift lever issue (no Healey content)

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 18:52:08 MDT 2017

During today's last session at the LRPHF the gear gear shift lever broke at
the point where the threading for the knob stops. The threads on the lever
accepted an MG shift knob which I believe to be 5/16"-24 UNF.  The lever is
about 1/2" in diameter and it is still long enough to use with a new knob.

>From the standpoint of strength would I be better off turning it down to
3/8" fine thread or through-drilling a small hole in it and attaching a
knob via a roll pin?

Best--Michael Oritt