[Healeys] Bellows Thermostats

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Sep 3 22:24:51 MDT 2017

You speak the truth.

re: "... There are replacement wax thermostats available with the bypass
port block-off ring but they are not particularly cheap."

Typically a Robertshaw stat with the ring soldered on.  I have one
installed; can't say it's worth more than a degree or two at most; but
Robertshaw appears to be a solid brand.

One question, though: I think Moss and maybe other vendors sell a repop
bellows type; anyone know if they're fail-close?

Bob