[Healeys] DMV No Go

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat Oct 28 10:59:27 MDT 2017

Just to be clear, the girl doing the verification said that there has to be an engine in the car.  They don't care about the engine ID number or if it even runs.  It could be a frozen lump that you can't even rebuild.  Their rules just state that an engine must be in the car to verify the number.Mike MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Bob Spidell<bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:   "... How is it in California, id the engine number recorded in the state car register, if it is I would understand the rule."

Nope.  CA uses VIN and plate# only--plates can change, for instance if you pay extra for a 'vanity' plate--though it's conceivable engine# and VIN for a car could have gotten mixed-up many years ago.  Healey 'VINs' are different than those for contemporary vehicles.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA