[Healeys] Less expensive Healey tires

Andrew shortsguy1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 22:45:14 MDT 2017

Hi, this is a response to Bob Begani's question about less expensive tires for a BJ8. I only get the digest, so sorry if this conversation took place days ago. Anyway, I just wanted to recommend the NEXEN SB802 165/80R15 as a possibility. They cost about $65 or $70 (Walmart or Ebay or lots of other places). Their size is totally adequate for our cars. And they drive great. I haven't had any issues with them whatsoever over the last couple of years. I had a local tire shop mount and balance the tires for about $20 a tire. So all in, I had a set of brand new, safe, reliable, modern tires for ~$400. They don't look vintage or anything like that, but they work just fine. Good luck.

Andrew K.