[Healeys] 100 Main Bearing Caps--Removal In Situ

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 09:50:29 MDT 2017

Jonas--

I'm aware of the bolts for the front main bearing cap and they are
accessible with engine in.  lt is the rear main cap that I am concerned
with and while I will take your word that they existed on the car you
reference even if there were not I have decided against attempting its
removal as the chance of damaging the gasket/seal is great.  I'll replace
the oil pump and rod bearings--the mains will simply have to live a bit
longer!

Best--Michael Oritt